Dr. Elana Roumell is a Naturopathic Doctor with a passion for pediatrics. She initially founded Nourish Medical Center in San Diego, CA providing holistic care to the whole family, and later created the popular Med School for Moms.
Dr. Elana is also a co-host of the popular “Doctor Mom” Podcast, nearing one million downloads!
Podcast episodes air weekly which give her the opportunity to share her knowledge, stay up to date with new health topics, and interview experts in the health field. Her intention is to empower parents with knowledge so they are well informed to make the best decisions for the health of their children.
She loves to teach parents how to care for their children at home and equip them with the most effective, tried and true natural remedies available.
Here are the highlights from this interview:
- Med School For Moms is where Dr. Elana gets to safely teach moms how to be doctor moms
- She resonated with CPA MOMS because as moms, we wear multiple hats and she loves the fact that we are building businesses around the title of being a professional mom
- She believes that working moms are so incredibly skilled at being able to do everything we do
- Unfortunately with the ability to do so much, that can lead to burnout as well
- Dr. Elana had a father who was a CPA firm owner, who died suddenly at 60 years of age
- She looked at his life – overworked, undervalued, doing the best to stay afloat – and realized she didn’t want that life
- When it was her turn to create a career path, she knew she wanted one that afforded her the flexibility to have both a career and a family
- She went to naturopathic medical school because she had lost her brother at an early age to an illness and wanted to study a way to integrate both conventional and natural medicines to be able to present her patients with both
- Although she started a medical center and saw all kinds of patients, she also knew she wanted to have a bigger impact which is why she started the online business, Med School For Moms
- The biggest issue she sees for moms around the health of their children is their own mental health, suffering with anxiety, and not trusting themselves to know what to do when their child is sick
- She teaches moms how to be a proactive participant in their child’s health providing a library of resources and a community that they can turn to
- She provides the Cliff Notes version of her medical school training so that they can know what she knows
- One of the biggest challenges for working moms is when their kids get sick, which is why she helps support them in making more empowered decisions when it comes to their children’s health
- Her doctor moms are taught how to be more calm, competent, and confident, instead of being reactive and suffering with decision fatigue
- There are so many things that moms can do for their children’s health and well being, that they’re not aware of
- Integrative medicine is the integration of conventional medicine with alternative medicine, allowing you to choose the best option
- She suggests that moms should have the following three things at home – Vitamin D (health food supplement), Elderberry (herbal medicine), and Arnica (homeopathic medicine)
- She wants moms to know that there is so much that you can do to help your children when they’re sick
- To find out more about Med School For Moms, the Doctor Mom Podcast and get access to the DIY Medicine Guide HERE